Join our growing Linkline Team as a Transport Planner
This PM shift Transport Planner requires you to work alongside an experienced Transport Planner. As part of the Transport Planner team you will be responsible for planning general haulage deliveries ensuring optimum fleet utilisation whilst achieving high delivery performance. You will be liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure availability of fleet and retrieve bookings with our customer base.
As a Transport Planner, you will ensure the correct deliveries are going to the respective customers and you'll ensure compliance with the necessary delivery regulations. You will also support with the commercial team in relation to sales quotes and forecasting.
- Responsible for ensuring the provisional plan is set up and issued to Head of Operations and the final plan confirmed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all booking references are obtained from customers and entered onto the Mandata system.
- Responsible for the planning of all additional routes and other work which is required to support the operation.
- Ensuring all routes on the daily schedule are checked ensuring additional work is booked in and any changes to make routes/deliveries more efficient, such as combining routes to fill empty running, saving drivers, nights out are reviewed, and changes made as needed.
- Dealing with site queries in relation to planning issues.
- Making any amendments to the plan on a day-to-day basis due to a change in customer requirements or at the request of groupage department to assist with managing deliveries to all customers.
- Ensure all internal customers are advised of any changes to the base plan or the schedule and that these changes are clearly communicated.
- Liaising daily with customers to secure backhaul loads and ensure required changes are made as needed.
- Assisting with the planning of new work, changing routes and investigating ways in which we can improve efficiency and make cost savings for the business.
- Working with internal customers to support them in dealing with planning issues and how to work together to resolve them.
- Supporting the department with ad hoc and project work as required.
- Any other duties as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in a transport planning environment.
- Able to use Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook proficiently.
- Previous experience of working with a Transport Management System
- Previous experience of Mandata would be advantageous, but training will be given.
- Well organised with an acute attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and a confident telephone manner.
- Must have a tenacious outlook to the role.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.