Join our team
With over 20 years in the transport and warehousing industry, Linkline Transport offers a solution for all General Haulage requirements, from full load deliveries, Pallet Distribution (Fortec), European delivery service and Warehousing & Fulfillment.
With its head office based in Wellingborough and operations in and around Northamptonshire, Linkline Transport operates a large and diverse fleet enabling us to provide a reliable and consistent service to our customers.
We now have a vacancy for an experienced Transport Operator to join our friendly Network team based at Head Office. The depot operates as a Pallet Network Depot completing collections and deliveries around the NN postcodes. The role is responsible for ensuring the depot is compliant with deliveries and shared responsibility for driver management.
- Ensure drivers and agency drivers are fully briefed in all procedures.
- Route planning in the NN postcode and ensuring customer collections are carried out on time.
- Work alongside Transport Operations to ensure the vehicles are running efficiently and to ensure high levels of customer service are maintained.
- Ensure the pallet network systems are updated as required (ETA’s, Pod’s, Notes).
- Ensure driver de-briefs are being carried out correctly.
- Monitor vehicle efficiency and profitability.
- Proven experience in a similar role essential
- Previous experience of operating within a pallet network
- Hands on managing the fleet and drivers.
- Organised and able to prioritise, responding quickly to issues.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Reliable and flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Good administration skills
- Previous experience of people management
- Polite and customer focused.
- Open to new ideas to develop the depot.
Only applicants that meet our requirements should apply.