Join our new team of Transport Controllers
Linkline Transport is currently looking for recruit a brand new team of experienced Transport Controllers for a thriving department based at the brand new purpose built premises in Park Farm, Wellingborough. You will be working in a team where you will be responsible for taking on all transport briefings and engaging with all external and internal customers. There will be free parking, the opportunity to work with a friendly team in a fast paced environment and will be a key member of the business.
- Daily control of drivers ensuring that collections and deliveries are carried out on time.
- Arranging replacement drivers for driver sickness, no show and extra work.
- Operating the gatehouse barrier system.
- Keeping mandata up to date with notes on jobs and making necessary changes to loads, truck and driver allocation.
- Assisting drivers with the use of the Mandata App for real time status updates.
- Liaising with drivers and customers reporting and resolving issues throughout the day ensuring a high level of engagement is achieved with customers and drivers.
- Agreeing with customers and gaining approval for the associated costs for waiting time, returned loads and any other added value costs relating to non-conformance.
- Reporting and following up vehicle faults and breakdowns as a result of daily defect checks.
- Ensuring that vehicles are sent away for planned PMI, MOT or any other scheduled bookings supporting the transport manager.
- Control of fuel card log book signing in and out.
- Investigating drivers’ hours and breaks and challenging anomalies using the mandata shift report on a daily basis. Authorising nights out with the assistance of the Transport Planner.
- Reviewing daily trailer check ensuring trailers are ready to be used and not storing loads.
- Liaising with the warehouse operations to ensure that Linkline drivers are loaded on time for any stock movements from each Linkline warehouse.
- Weekly reporting of delivery performance, additional commercials gained through added value (waiting time, redelivery etc).
- This role will also be responsible for coordinating traffic in respect to warehouse inbound/outbound and the associated warehouse processes.
Expected Start Date: 24/05/2021